Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here comes the sun!




This has been the strangest spring. We've had almost no sun or warm weather. Usually things start warming up in May. This year it's the middle of June and the kids are still wearing footie pajamas to bed! Today it is finally supposed to break 80 degrees and I'm so excited. Off to a lovely day outside. The garden needs to be weeded (that's the thing about all this rain, the weeds are growing like mad). I think I'll harvest some spinach and lettuce. Hopefully the sun is here to stay so that later this summer we can eat some garden tomatoes!

I've been thinking a lot about our summer plans. I really want to mark the seasons with my children. Sometimes that is difficult to do. I'm a stay at home mom of two young kids...our seasons are basically the same. My kids aren't in school yet so we don't have that natural marker of time. My husband's job gets a lot busier in the summer (he's a farmer) so we won't see him as much. So, I want to plan activities that will help pass the time but that will also emphasize how special summer is.

I'll be thinking about that a lot in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment